Saturday 20 October 2012

Playdate's Dessert

We usually have our playdates on Fridays. Yesterday, it's my turn to play hostess. :D Since the husband doesn't like bananas, I thought of having Banoffee Pie so I won't end up gobbling down the whole thing by myself. Hah!

Ingredients:
  • Graham pie crust (2 cups crushed graham crackers, 1/2 cup melted butter, cinnamon [optional], 1/4 cup sugar [optional])
  • 4pcs bananas, sliced
  • 3/4 cup dulce de leche
  • whipped cream (I used store-bought in can)
  • chocolate syrup

Method:
  1. Prepare the graham pie crust by mixing the crushed graham crackers and melted butter in a bowl. 
  2. Press on to prepared pie plate. Bake for at least 10 minutes at 400 degrees Celsius. Let crust cool.
  3. Take the cooled pie crust and arrange the banana slices and pour half of the dulce de leche. Make another layer of bananas and the remaining dulce de leche.
  4. Top the pie with whipped cream and chocolate syrup. I used a store-bought whipped cream in can so I would suggest if you're using the same thing as I did, just do so before serving to avoid having a melted topping. :)

Crushed graham crackers plus butter (eeekk!)

Bananas! Oh Yum.

One layer of sliced bananas slathered with dulce de leche

Topped with whipped cream and chocolate syrup

By the way, there's three weeks more before my birthday giveaway ends! If you like baking and cooking stuff, click here. :)

8 comments:

  1. i should find S a playdate. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god.... i'll bookmark this, magawa nga hehe :P



    www.officiallygirlyfied.blogspot.com
    www.citybehindthefog.blogspot.com
    www.psychochicklessons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought that this dessert is this easy to do or perhaps expert ka na kasi :) We love banana at home. If tails can grow when one eats this fruit, I guess my household will start growing monkey's tail coz this is a staple fruit at home. Enjoy your week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarap! :D Did you make your own dulce de leche? I'm trying VERY hard not to drool on my table. Haha!

    Abi
    http://thebelatedbloomer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im forever hooked with banoffee pies! Im keeping this recipe. You make it look so easy! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete