Friday 17 February 2012

Whole Wheat Banana Muffins

I know. :) This is the second time I'm posting about banana muffins. The husband is not happy about it. You see, he doesn't like bananas. I, on the other hand, love it. So, he doesn't have a choice because I'm the baker in the house and he's not :P

My sister actually gave me this recipe to try. Since it's the 16th of the month, my tot just turned 2 years and 5 months today and I want to celebrate it with the muffins I made. Hehe I know it's a pretty lame excuse. I want to make muffins. Period.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup margarine, softened
  • 2 eggs, separated
  • 3 bananas, mashed
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Procedure:
  1. Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius. Grease muffin trays. Set aside.
  2. In a bowl, cream butter and 3/4 cup sugar. Add egg yolks. Mix in mashed bananas.
  3. Using another bowl, dissolve the baking soda into the buttermilk.
  4. In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients like flour and salt.
  5. Alternately add the dry ingredients and the buttermilk into the butter mixture. Add the chocolate chips.
  6. Whisk the egg whites together with 1/4 cup sugar. Do this until the egg whites reach stiff peaks.
  7. Carefully fold the egg whites into the banana batter. Make sure you fold it, and not mix or else you'll lose the essence of your stiff peaks. :)
  8. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Soft peak


An indication that it has reached stiff peaks
With M&M's topping

4 comments:

  1. I love Banana!

    Sis post your recipe of carrot muffin or cake please :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bechay, I will try to make Carrot Cake this weekend for the husband's birthday. Will post soon :)

    ReplyDelete