Tuesday 21 February 2012

Daiso Day and Fruit Ice Lolly


Earlier today, we went to Daiso. A store that sells affordable and very useful items. Everything sells at S$2 each! I was so happy to find out that the nearest outlet is just about 20 minutes away from our place. So off we went.

3 pcs silicon baking pan

Colorful ice lolly molds

I thought of making ice cream lollies today since my tot won't eat the watermelon I bought. Good thing I still have vanilla ice cream sitting in my fridge.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
1/2 cup watermelon, cut into small cubes

Directions:
  1. In a bowl, mash the watermelon. If you have blender, better to puree the watermelon pieces and blend with ice cream thoroughly.
  2. Carefully, pour the mixture into the the molds. Let freeze for about 3 hours or until solid.
  3. Unmold the lollies by soaking the mold into water for about 3-5 minutes. Enjoy!
Mixing the crushed watermelon with the ice cream
The ice cream turned pink

I only used up 3 of the molds :)

My tot enjoying her ice lolly

2 comments:

  1. $2 ? It's mahal man dyapon hahaha Can I have 1 lolly ? ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, mahal gyapon :( pero amo na ang cheapest di. grrr!

    ReplyDelete