Tuesday 24 January 2012

How to Make Oven Roasted Tomatoes


Back in Manila, I have tried looking for cheap sun dried tomatoes that I can use for any pasta dish but I have never seen one. Maybe because my idea of cheap is way too low for the market price. Hahaha Anyway, I've read up on how to make my own roasted tomatoes and thought to make one to mix with my Baked Beef Pasta last night.

Here's what you need:

1 pack (250 grams) of baby tomatoes (cherry or honey)
2-3 Tbsp Olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
sea salt
coarse ground black pepper

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Cut the tomatoes into half. Arrange them on the pan.
3. Season them with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the minced garlic.
4. Drizzle with olive oil before popping it into the oven.
5. Bake for about 30-40 minutes. Serve and enjoy with pasta or on french bread.

All prepped up!
Looks yummy, right? :)

5 comments:

  1. wow! i love tomatoes!!! too bad i dont have an oven at home lolz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna try this! Thanks for the recipe sis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Blog about it ha. I wanna know if my instructions are right. haha

      Delete
  3. You can still fire roast it, sis. Or use turbo if you have one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. im a sucker for sun-dried tomatoes, too! followed you sis :)

    ReplyDelete