Tuesday 31 January 2012

Homemade Barbecue Sauce

While reading my new recipe book, I was inspired to make my own home made barbecue sauce.  Actually, an online article motivated me to use healthy options for ingredients in what I make. I realized that nowadays almost everything is instant. Yes, I agree that it's a good thing most especially that everybody's busy and don't have time to spare to prepare elegant meals. But then again, I want to go back to basics. I want to go for natural over artificial. So over the weekend, I made my own barbecue sauce. :)


Directions:
  1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Adjust taste with salt and pepper according to your preference.
  2. Keep in a container and store in fridge for future use. Advise to use within a week for best results.
Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup tomato catsup
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • dash of Tabasco hot sauce
  • salt
  • coarsely ground black pepper
My homemade BBQ sauce
Recipe guide: Allrecipes.com

1 comment:

  1. I bet it will taste great slathered in pork , chicken and beef !

    ReplyDelete